The Petersburg Community Foundation, an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation, is pleased to announce its 2013 grantees. This year, the Foundation awarded $9,000 in grants to six outstanding organizations.
“The community foundation is proud to partner with these great organizations.” said Liz Cabrera, PCF Advisory Board Chair. “Thanks to the ongoing support from our donors, we are able to support a variety of projects and programs this year.”
- The Petersburg School District was awarded $2,250 to purchase advanced lab equipment to improve student research and technology skills in their bio-molecular studies program.
- The Mountain View Manor Food Service Program was awarded $1,500 to upgrade their kitchen equipment. The Food Service program provides senior meals three times per week and operates the local meals-on-wheels program.
- The annual Rainforest Festival in Petersburg was awarded $700 to support a visit by the Alaska Raptor Center during this year’s festival.
- The Spay and Neuter Program of the Petersburg Humane Association was awarded $2,250.
- Petersburg Children’s Center was awarded $800 to purchase soft furniture and other equipment for their toddler room.
- Working Against Violence for Everyone (WAVE) was awarded $1,500 in operational support.
Photo Credit: Carey Carmichael Case