Gifts to the Petersburg Community Foundation (PCF) build the “community permanent fund” for the future. Many friends make their largest contributions through planned gifts, which are invested to grow over time and help PCF provide grants for our community.
Individuals who include PCF in their estate plans become members of the Legacy Society for Alaska. It’s a simple, lasting gift to your community. You can:
- Make a gift to PCF in your will or trust.
- Designate PCF as a beneficiary of your retirement accounts or life insurance policy, which preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income taxes.
- Donate a paid‐up life insurance policy.
- And, through 2022, you can secure matching dollars by declaring your intent to make a planned gift.
Contact us at email@example.com to discuss your options or for more information on how your planned gift can secure matching dollars for Petersburg funds today.
Bequests can be made to:
The Alaska Community Foundation/Petersburg Community Foundation – Fund Name
EIN #92‐0155067, a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3)
The Advantages of a Planned Gift to a Fund of the Petersburg Community Foundation
Planned giving means that your assets remain untouched during your lifetime. Bequests are not payable until the time of death. Then, your planned gift lives on to benefit the whole community.
- Gifts may be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate after taxes and expenses, or a gift of real property, stocks, artwork or other valuables.
- Planned gifts reduce the taxable value of your estate because PCF is an Affiliate of a nonprofit organization.
- Designating PCF as a beneficiary of your retirement preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income tax.