Petersburg Community Foundation is pleased to be able to distribute AK Can Do funds during the holiday season to five local organizations that provide needed meals to community members: Saint Catherine of Siena Catholic Church, Lighthouse Assembly of God, First Baptist Church, Petersburg Salvation Army, and Petersburg Mental Health Services each received almost $600.00.
Thank you to community donors who have contributed to the AK Can Do Frontline fundraising campaign. A total of $6,000 has been distributed to community nonprofits.
Thank you to frontline services that continue to care for community members. All organizations continue to serve 2 to 3 times more individuals and families than was typical before the Covid pandemic.
photo credit: Ola Richards
- Petersburg Mental Health Services provides food pantry services with 80-100 bags of food provided weekly
- Petersburg Salvation Army provides food pantry services
- First Baptist Church provides home-cooked Wednesday evening meals to roughly 60 individuals
- Lighthouse Assembly of God supports the home-cooked Monday evening meals to roughly 60 individuals
- Saint Catherine of Siena Catholic Church provides Soup Saturday to roughly 30 individuals