Petersburg Community Foundation Program Manager
The Alaska Community Foundation (the Foundation) is a statewide nonprofit, public foundation with a mission of inspiring the spirit of giving and connecting people, organizations, and causes to strengthen Alaska’s communities now and forever. To learn more about us visit our website: alaskacf.org.
ABOUT THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The Petersburg Community Foundation (PCF) is one of eleven local, geographic-based community foundations in our Affiliate program. To learn more about the Petersburg Community Foundation (PCF) and the Affiliate program, visit our website: www.alaskacf.org/affiliates/
The Program Manager lives in Petersburg and works with the Petersburg Community Foundation by providing administrative and strategic support to the Petersburg Community Foundation Advisory Board. This position works on projects including operations, marketing and communications, events, and strategic initiatives. This position works from home. A work laptop is provided.
- Provide support for the PCF Advisory Board by coordinating the annual operations planning and monthly meetings (scheduling, drafting agendas, writing meeting minutes, etc.).
- Partner with the PCF Advisory Board in the planning and execution of local events (scheduling, location, invitation, catering, etc.).
- Create Affiliate marketing and communications needs (newsletters, thank you cards, PowerPoint presentations, printing, photo catalogue, etc.).
- Manage Affiliate website and social media platforms.
- Support PCF Advisory Board’s donor relations and stewardship activities and initiatives.
- Lead annual grant program activities, including assisting grantees with applications and grant reports with support from the Senior Program Officer of Affiliates.
- Participate in an annual Affiliate Convening and other training opportunities provided by the Foundation, including monthly Program Manager team and statewide Affiliate Committee meetings via Zoom.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Your passion for the Petersburg community, its people, and their interests.
- Your integrity, good judgement, and professionalism.
- Your strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Your excellent communication skills.
- Your talent for working independently and taking initiative when appropriate.
- Your ability and eagerness to work as part of the Affiliate Program and greater Foundation team.
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative or organizational support experience.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.) and any experience with WordPress, Canva, and grant or customer service management systems.
- Experience creating and writing marketing and communications materials.
- Knowledge of or experience in managing social media and websites.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of or experience in the nonprofit and/or foundation field a plus.
This position pays $21 per hour.
Applications for the Petersburg Community Foundation Program Manager is open until filled.
Applications must be submitted at https://alaskacf.bamboohr.com/careers/25. Please send any questions to our Senior Program Officer of Affiliates, Carmen Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add Petersburg CF Program Manager in the subject line of your email.
The Alaska Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of applicants.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required, sometimes for extended periods, to stand or sit. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, multi-function machines, and filing cabinets. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs; use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; balance stoop, kneel, or crouch; and get in and out of vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move small or large objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.